Monday, April 11, 2011

BMW S1000RR iPhone Mount

Summer of 2010 I decided I was going to a lot more riding and maybe even dabble in track days. I decided I was going to say goodbye to my trusty 10 year old CBR 600 F4 and upgrade to litter bike.

After weeks of online research and a few trips to local bike shops, the choice was between 2010 Aprilia RSV4 and the 2010 BMW S1000RR.
Seeing as I would also be commuting on this bike, the comfort of the S1000RR won out in the end.

As I ride long distances into areas unfamiliar to me, I find myself pulling over to the side of the road, removing one glove, reaching in to my pocket, pulling out my iPhone in order to get a clue as to where I was. It was then that I started seeing the need for a GPS solution.

I knew that I did not want to carry multiple devices, so my phone was going to have double as my navigation device.

Winter quickly came and my attention shifted to finding the perfect iPhone mounting system that would fit my bike.


As it turns out, I’m very particular about certain things. None of what I found seem to fit the bill. They were either too pricey, too bulky, they did not fit exactly where I wanted or all of the above. That’s when I decided I would make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment